Monday, January 10, 2011

A Sneak Peak at What I Did in Nepal

In Kathmandu, we tried to volunteer with the
but no nuns were there that day and no one we found could speak enough English to understand that I just wanted to use my baby charm to cheer some people up.

In Pokhara, we got to rent bikes for about $1.40 for the whole day.  Mom and Dad did ride them while I rode on Dad's back most of the day, but for a while Dad had to walk with them since the brakes were only somewhat trustworthy and this was a steep hill!
In Pokhara we also spent quite a bit of time with some really fun kids from the Shangri-La Children's Home.  We did a lot of laughing at my lack of hair, made a little art, and even invented a new game: Soccerminton!


We went for a hike to the World Peace Pagoda and on to the town of Bhumdi, and then took a boat part of the way back to our hotel in Pokhara.
And, of course, we did a five day trek whose high point was the views from Poon Hill.  What fun we had feeling cold for a change!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a grand adventure, I can't wait to hear the rest of it :)

    The next time you guys are in Nepal, check out the Mendies Haven - a Christian home for orphans in Kathmandu. I spent a few weeks there with my church in high school, and it's a pretty incredible place. Miss y'all and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete