Saturday, July 20, 2013

These are a few of our favorite things.

the sandbox and other messy play

We like to scoop and build and spray and measure in sand.  Actually, since this picture, Dad's built a huge sandbox that is much classier than this plastic one.  Now our sand just makes an island in the corner of it, but we'll get it filled up soon.  We are using the plastic turtle box that we got for free as a mini pool and place to splash in water.

LEGO

Mom and Dad made an old coffee table into a lego play table for me.  I use it for crafts and cars and climbing, but mostly for building.  Since Serena is still just 14 months old, this stays in my room and I get to close the door if I have lego or marbles out so I can focus on my projects without a demolition crew hovering.  Thanks to Mormor and Most, I've got a colorful lego collection to work with.

hiking, playing at the beach and being outside in general

ice cream, especially if it is from Sweet Peaks

Now, if we still had a camera, I'd also put a picture of our garden here, because we play in that almost every day.  Dad and I worked on boxes and digging all winter and spring long and we planted our first round of seeds on May 10.  Since then we've had loads of salad greens (yuck!), snap peas (that the birds haven't gotten to before we do), beets (yuck!), baby carrots (yum!) and the few strawberries we find before Serena picks them.  Dad also dug out a big flower bed in the back yard and a few areas for irises, rose bushes and perennials around the front and sides of the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment