Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bowman Learns to Fillet

1.     The first step is catching a fish.  Sometimes, this can get cold on the legs.  It works best if you can get your dad to hold you out of the cold inlet of Josephine Lake and do most of the fishing for you, but then let you help reel in the trout he hooks.

2.     Until you're ready to head back to the campsite, keep your fish tied up in the water.  Check on him often with your cousin.


3.     Make sure your sister sees the fish you've helped to catch.  She'll be impressed.

4.     Make sure your fish does not swim away, and be sure to grill it with loads of butter and lemon when it's time for supper.

In July, I had some great time camping with Nana, Gramps and my Dolesh cousins.  Since then, I've camped again twice in Glacier.  Every time we're anywhere near water, I beg Dad to take me fishing first thing in the morning, and multiple times throughout the rest of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment