Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Carlson Meats, June 14

So, I thought my last post went out on June 12, but it obviously didn't.  I guess I'm not as blog savvy as I though.  Anyway, whether you knew I was going or not, I did go to the 100 Year Celebration of Carlson Meats and had a wonderful time.  I also learned loads.

Gramps celebrated his family's business by offering the entire community a bratwurst patty picnic.  It was fun to meet friends and family who appreciate Carlson (hot)dogs as much as I do, as well as to see how loved my Nana and Gramps really are.

I loved my bratwurst burger, and also appreciated all of the desserts set out at the picnic tables.  My cousin and I were all set to celebrate, even though we'd spent about 15 hours on the road from Bozeman to get to Grove City long after bedtime the night before.

Aunt Katy made sure we were all appropriately dressed for the celebration by making sure the family members had great shirts to wear.  She, my Uncle Andy and Dad are showing them off here.

My shirt said, "He's my gramps" on the back, but I need to work on my posture so you can see that better next time.

Check it out!  We got all four cousins in one picture, sort of.  Serena thought posing on top of a table was great fun.


Thank you, Nana and Gramps, for the parenting, knitting, praying, cooking, advising, butchering, managing and modeling you have done together in your decades as proprietors of The Carlson Meat Market, Incorporated.  You are incredible in so many ways and your legacy will live on for far more than a century in the children you have raised to love God, love each other, and know what it is to work hard and work well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment