Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Turning Three

I turned three today.  Mom's quite surprised and amazed by the whole thing, but I'm just enjoying all of the celebration.  On Saturday, I got to have a party.
As Serena is demonstrating, it was a pirate party, thanks to my love of this book:  Ahoy! Pirate Pete.  My pen-pal buddy from Baltimore sent the book to me almost two years ago, and I've loved it ever since.
Eight friends came over to walk the plank, go on a treasure hunt and eat ice cream cone cupcakes.  It was so fun to have them celebrate with me!
Today was my actual birthday.  I was quite shocked by breakfast in bed, for which I had requested a popsicle (frozen apple juice) and cupcakes (peanut butter muffins with jelly and cream cheese frosting). Mom and Dad added bacon, kuchen and oranges.
I opened presents in the morning and thoroughly enjoyed them the rest of the day, as well as all of the calls and Skypes from my family.  Thanks everyone!
After an afternoon at my current favorite park, "the tractor one," and supper at Norm's News in Kalispell, I ended the day like this while Mom biked home.  What do you think I'll learn this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment